We’ve heard all about how cauliflower can substitute for mashed potatoes, pizza crust, rice, etc. While I don’t see how cauliflower tastes like ANY of those items, I do love cauliflower, no matter how I can get it (except raw – not a fan).
Before getting my Instant Pot, I typically boiled water and steamed a head of cauliflower on the stove. Now, getting this side dish ready is a breeze and so much faster!
This recipe is easy to adjust – add more Greek yogurt if you want it creamier, change up the cheese, or if you want to be really decadent, replace the Greek yogurt with cream cheese. Season it however you like – go bold with Southwestern or stick to simple Italian.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 14 oz. can chicken broth (I used roasted garlic broth)
- 2-3 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 3 TB parmesan cheese
- Seasoning of choice
- Pour chicken broth into inner liner of Instant Pot.
- Remove outer leaves from cauliflower, place in steamer basket.
- Lower steamer basket into Instant Pot and set to ‘Steam’ for 8-12 minutes depending on size of cauliflower (I set for 8, then open and if needs a bit more time, set it longer)
- Once cauliflower is fork-tender, mash with a potato masher, a ricer or with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in Greek yogurt, parmesan cheese and seasoning of choice (plain ol’ salt and pepper is great too!)
- Garnish with parsley and serve!