Chicken breast can be a little tricky in the Instant Pot – it can come out dry and tasteless. We’ve found using a high quality seasoning mix can help, and then of course cooking it correctly in the Instant Pot!
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 2-3 tsp Penzey’s Northwood seasoning
- 6-10 mini sweet peppers
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 TB pimento or chopped jalapenos
- 1-2 dashes hot sauce
- 2-4 tsp Northwood seasoning
- 1 lb. very small new potatoes
- Pour broth into inner liner of Instant Pot.
- Dust chicken with 2-3 tsp of Northwood seasoning (or seasoning of choice)
- Place chicken into one section of divided steamer basket. Set basket into Instant Pot. Secure lid and set to high pressure for 17 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, wash peppers, then remove stems and seeds, keeping pepper whole.
- Mix cream cheese, pimento or jalapeno, hot sauce and 2-4 tsp Northwood seasoning.
- Stuff each pepper with cheese mixture and stand upright in one section of divided steamer basket.
- Wash potatoes and place in one section of divided steamer basket.
- Once chicken is done, use quick release and open lid.
- Add potatoes and peppers. Reseal lid, and set to high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Use natural pressure release for about 5 minutes, then quick release.
- If desired, thicken remaining liquid with cornstarch (some of the cheese may have cooked out, and that will add additional flavor) and make a thickened sauce to use on chicken.
- Peppers will be quite soft so use care when serving.
- Mash each potato on the plate with a fork, then add a bit of butter, salt and pepper.