Perfectly cooked salmon, from frozen, in just five minutes?
Yep, that’s all it takes for a quick, very healthy meal. So quick, we made it for lunch on a very busy Saturday.
I’m sure you can relate – busy weekends can get away from you and then you’re left figuring out what to do for midday meal, and since it’s a weekend (which is supposed to have SOME downtime), you justify going out for a fat-filled fast food meal, or order in pizza or something equally unhealthy and unsatisfying.
For us, since we work in the fitness industry, we hold ourselves to a pretty high standard when it comes to eating most days, so a quickie Mickey D’s meal (which is less than a mile from our house!) just can’t be an option. We hate how we feel after eating there anyway. Thankfully, with Instant Pot I knew lunch could be done in just minutes.
I remembered at 11:56 a.m. that I had frozen salmon filets. Grabbed them out and figured out how long it would take in the Instant Pot. While it cooked, I sliced some cucumbers from our friend’s garden, washed a few grape tomatoes and whipped up a quick Greek salad dressing (and for Pete’s sake, just use bottled if that’s what you’ve got!). We were eating by 12:20 p.m.
Feel free to experiment with different veggies and dressings. We don’t keep croutons in the house but love topping salads with sunflower seeds. We keep a big bag (half salted, half unsalted to reduce the sodium) in our freezer at all times.
As a side note, we eat our salmon about medium rare, so if you prefer yours more well done, add a minute or two to the cooking time.
- 4 4 oz salmon fillets, frozen or fresh
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Parsley or dill weed to taste
- 8 cups fresh spinach and veggies of choice
- Pour ¾ cup water and lemon juice into inner liner of Instant Pot.
- Place salmon onto trivet, and lay 2 slices of lemon onto each fillet. Lower into Instant Pot.
- Set to ‘manual’ high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Use quick release.
- Remove skin if desired.
- Season with dill weed or parsley.
- Place each filet on bed of spinach. Add other veggies as desired.
- Use favorite salad dressing and any other toppings as desired.